Let’s talk about working out from the comfort of your own home. It is possible for you to use virtual sessions via Zoom classes as an outlet to connect with yourself and others. It is surprising to know that you can accomplish your goals individually and/or with your family members in the comfort of your own living room, family room, and/or basement with a mat and your favorite electronic device.
Afterward, you can spread your energy and gratitude post-class and spread it around, whether it is a quick call to Mom across the country or a motivational quote on social media.
I had the pleasure of meeting with Tonya Rucker via Zoom, owner of Stay Ready Fitness LLC. She has been a small business owner since March 2020. Tonya has been athletic her whole life, in high school she ran track, played volleyball, and sometime after high school, for seven years she participated in boot camp workouts which is basically a type of high-intensity interval training (HITT) – bursts of intense activity alternated with intervals of lighter activity.
Tonya, like many others, has struggled with yo-yo dieting and weight loss. And because of her passion for fitness and clean living, she made the decision that “if you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready,” Tonya embraced this opportunity to do something to help her friends and family members by getting a certification through – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA). ISSA’s Personal Trainer Certification is focused on exactly what you need to excel as a trainer.
- Leading gyms report that ISSA trainers are well-prepared and ready to help others succeed.
- ISSA is a trusted company with over 30 years of experience, and over 400,000 graduates in 174 countries.
Tonya encourages her clients to take the time to plan healthy meals. She has created meal plans for clients to follow for 1 week. “The time it takes for you to see and for others to notice weight loss results can vary from person to person. The weight loss is not going to happen overnight. There are many factors, including your starting size and your eating plan, that can make a big difference in results.” She does not recommend weighing yourself weekly “the scale is the devil”. She offers weight loss challenges, in which she pays clients out of her own pocket. The amount may vary from week to week.
She recommends that clients should eat their favorite foods in moderation, use portion control, incorporate a healthier and cleaner diet, allow one cheat meal per week, cut meals in half, and choose the cocktail or the dessert. I know that it may be tempting but do not indulge in both. “Weight loss and fitness is mental; it boils down to how bad you want it.” In addition, she suggests that clients study the restaurant’s food menu before going out to eat.
The phrase, “you should eat in moderation” is commonly shared, but not always explained. We are going to share what this phrase means and how you can practice eating in moderation.
Moderation can be defined as “the avoidance of excess.” In nutrition, eating in moderation is the practice of only consuming the amount of food your body requires to be healthy.
Tips for Eating in Moderation:
- Limit your portion size:
- Choose a smaller plate or bowl. Avoid eating foods from the package, place them on a serving dish to be mindful of how much you are eating.
- Eat the recommended serving size found on the Nutrition Facts Label.
- When out to eat, split an entrée with a friend or family member or bring leftovers home to be enjoyed later.
- Mindfully eat, think about how you are feeling and stop eating when you feel full. Limit distractions, such as the TV or cell phone use, while eating to stay in tune with how you are feeling.
- Take your time and try eating slowly. It may be helpful to put your eating utensil down in between bites.
- Drink water with your meal.
- Eat foods that require chewing, such as raw vegetables and fruits.
If you are ready to save time and money by working out in the comfort of your own home.
Contact: Tonya Rucker with Stay Ready Fitness LLC- DM her on Facebook: Stay Ready fitness LLC Email:Tonyarucker214@yahoo.com Mobile: 314-761-9831.