TIME: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WHO: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis (BGCSTL) Women Leading the Way presents the 15th Annual Table For 4 Luncheon. BGCSTL President Dr. Flint Fowler will welcome the sold-out audience. Table For 4 will highlight the Youth of the Year, and Special Guest Speaker, Zhariah Davis. Zhariah recently finished third in the Missouri State Youth of the Year Competition in Jefferson City.
Receiving awards for the Joan Ellyn Silber and Dr. Flint and June Fowler Awards for leadership and volunteerism will be two exemplary former BGCSTL St. Louis Internship Program members, Ismail Botchway and Jiyu Zhang.
Table For 4 supportsactivities and experiences designed to help girls develop healthy lifestyles, positive self-esteem, and make good decisions.
Table For 4 makes the following programs possible for BGCSTL Club members.
- Keystone Club (ages 14 to 18) and Torch Club (ages 11 to 13) are year long leadership programs.
- Keystone Conference is a national conference hosted by BGCA that brings thousands of Keystone Club members to discuss issues facing their club and community.
- College Tours allow members to learn about different colleges and universities and expose them to college campuses.
- Junior Staff prepares members for future employment through the curriculum.
- Youth of the Year is the biggest honor a Club member can receive and recognizes their contribution to their family, school, and community.
- SMART Girls (Skills Mastery and Resistance Training) is a program specifically for BGCSTL girls to build self-esteem, self-worth, and confidence.
- St. Louis Internship Program (SLIP) is a BGCSTL partnership to foster opportunities for area teens in the career and workforce readiness space.
BGCSTL invites you to cover this event. BGCSTL President Dr. Flint Fowler will be available for interviews. For more information, contact VP, Marketing & Communications, Deneen Busby.*
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis (BGCSTL) is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. BGCSTL provides after-school, teen, sports, and summer programs to youth across the Bi-State Region while also providing a safe place for them to learn and grow. The Clubs serve youth across the region at twelve locations, including (Adams Park Club, Bentwood Townhomes, Boys & Girls Club of Bethalto, Boys & Girls Club of Lovejoy, Hazelwood Elementary School Club, Herbert Hoover Club, Mathews-Dickey Club, O’Fallon Park Club, Riverview Gardens Club, Hazelwood Southeast Middle School Club and the Teen Center of Excellence). We also operate Mentor St. Louis and the St. Louis Internship Program.