In June 2010, curious about the hype of this nationwide breast cancer race, Dr. Monica Nicole Perry registered for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in downtown St. Louis, MO. In awe of everything from the survivors’ processional to the diverse sea of never-ending pink that engulfed her, Dr. Perry relished in the camaraderie and love displayed. She left the event excited and sunburned, dedicated and determined to become actively involved in the breast cancer movement.
From that moment, Dr. Perry organized Dine Out for the Cure dinners, volunteer opportunities with Susan G. Komen, greek organization fundraisers centered around breast cancer support, school memorial balloon lifts, Susan G. Komen and Sista Strut walking teams, donations to the American Cancer Society-St. Louis, and now the Pink Carpet Event, whose focus allows her to merge her two passions: education and breast cancer awareness and support.
The Pink Carpet Foundation provides scholarships to youth whose lives have been impacted by a breast cancer diagnosis of a mother or grandmother allowing them to continue their dreams of a post-secondary education.
- 2023 PCF ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Eligibility Criteria Must have 2.5 cumulative gpa on 4.0 scale
- Official High School Transcript (6 semesters)
- Recommendation Letter (Counselor, Teacher, or Principal)
- Essay Diagnosis Verification
- Current Photo (appropriate headshot, appropriate clothing, no pouty lips, hand gestures, etc.)
- Completed Online Application by January 31, 2023
Learn more and support the Pink Carpet Foundation. Visit: https://pinkcarpetfoundation.org/