A quick glimpse at non-profit organization Mers Goodwill. Mers Goodwill has grown far beyond a place where you can drop off grandpas old overalls or grannies dusty old lamps.
Mers Goodwill does wonderful work for the community, such as helping recent released felons rehabilitate back into society. As well as, receive donated cars, clothings and other important necessities, not just for the poor, but for bargain hunters.
Here is a deep look into the world of Mers Goodwill, and how its services bring out the best in the community. In addition, Mers Goodwill is always expanding and looking for ways to make people’s lives better.
MERS Missouri Goodwill Industries
Our Vision is a community where each individual has the opportunity to learn, work, and achieve their greatest potential.
Our Mission is changing lives through the power of work!
What We Do
Some of the Services that Goodwill Provides
Revenues from our 44 stores and the auto donations program assist with funding MERS Goodwill job training and employment services.
Shopping at Goodwill
Great for making the budget stretch, for outfitting rapidly growing children, for personalizing teen wardrobes, adding to men’s and women’s career attire, or finding vintage or designer buys, Goodwill stores make shopping an outing and never a chore.
Because Goodwill stores restock several times daily, shoppers can always find something new. Many shoppers go from store to store, because each store has different items and each offers the potential to discover something special and unexpected. Bargain seekers and treasure hunters enjoy Goodwill for its wide variety of clothing and household goods with one-of-a-kind appeal priced at bottom dollar.
Our beautiful, bright clean stores boast aisles chock full of great merchandise. All 44 locations are open seven days a week. With locations all across the region, both shopping and dropping off donations at Goodwill is always convenient.
Programs & Services
Why Should You Choose MERS Goodwill for Services?
- Our Placement services prepare applicants for the interviewing process, finding employment, and maintaining employment, all with input from the business community through our partner employers.
- In addition to Placement services, we offer a variety of services including evaluation and assessment to assist in planning a career path.
- Our training programs provide individualized learning strategies and practical hands-on work experience.
- We offer realistic information regarding short and long-term employment options.
- All of our staff possesses either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in their field, or extensive experience working with people with disabilities and locating employment.
- Our staff are knowledgeable about community resources, able to connect our clients with supports for childcare, HiSET classes, medical care, and more.
- Our downtown St. Louis location offers an on-site daycare facility for the Excel Center, and a cafeteria.
- Our Lippman Center in Mid-St. Louis County offers a HiSET class on-site.
The primary focus and success of MERS/Goodwill’s employment and rehabilitation programs is in our ability to prepare people for the world of work. To be successful on a job involves having sufficient self-esteem and self-confidence, meeting the challenges of one’s personal life and being able to deal with the complexities of interpersonal relationships with co-workers and supervisors, as well as being able to perform the actual work tasks. MERS/Goodwill provides the opportunity to work toward the goals needed to achieve the maximum level of productivity in one’s personal life and employment. Below is a list of services we offer. Click on a service to see a description.
Programs & Services
All programs and services are offered Monday-Friday from 8-4 unless otherwise noted.
Stores are open on Labor Day.
Special hours for Monday, September 4:
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Because your vehicle donation to MERS Goodwill will benefit individuals by providing employment services and job placement programs for those with barriers to employment. MERS Goodwill served over 11,000 individuals in the bi-state area last year. The revenue from the sale of your vehicle stays local.
- Goodwill accepts all vehicles including cars, trucks, vans, trailers and some boats and RVs depending on age and condition.
- The vehicle does not have to be running.
- Donor must provide a clear title and other required paperwork for the vehicle.
- The donation process is very easy and towing is free.
- Goodwill is IRS approved and you may qualify for a federal tax deduction. Goodwill will provide you with a tax receipt.
- Goodwill is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and is rated 4 stars by Charity Navigator.
Your donation and shopping experience goes beyond the item’s price tag. After all, you never truly know what you’ll stumble upon. Decluttering is all year round. With this Fall season comes the opportunity for a chance to clear out & refresh our lives.
Pull out a pair of shorts from the summer that don’t fit anymore?
Does your college dorm room needing an upgrade?
Donate the old and find something new!
Don’t let these items take up valuable space. You’ll find there might be outdated or unwanted items that could serve a greater purpose. Consider donating them to your local MERS Goodwill!
After you donate, head in to find a hidden treasure for yourself. Every shelf, every rack, and every corner holds a surprise waiting to be unearthed.
MERS Goodwill Excel Centers started a new term on August 14, 2023. Our Excel Centers are for adults who were unable to complete their high school education. At Goodwill, we believe that age should never be a deterrent to education. With our tuition-free adult high schools, we provide an opportunity for adults to earn their high school diploma in an environment that caters to their unique needs.
Our commitment doesn’t stop at providing high-quality education. Recognizing the diverse challenges adults face, we have crafted a supportive system to assist them along the way. Enrollment includes free childcare, transportation assistance, skills training, and life coaches are available, providing guidance and mentorship. At MERS Goodwill Excel Centers, it’s not just about a diploma – it’s about growth and setting each student up for a lifetime of success.